General Objectives of STEM for BRITAIN Competitions and Exhibitions
- Presenting and discussing "ground-breaking" and frontier UK research and R&D to Members of both Houses of Parliament at Westminster
- Fostering greater dialogue and engagement between early-stage researchers and Members both in Westminster and in their Constituencies
- Encouraging personal interaction between all researchers
- Competing nationally for a prestigious Medal and Prize for the best poster i.e. the best research work
- Raising the profile of Britain's early-stage researchers at Parliament and elsewhere
- Contributing to various national initiatives e.g. the UK's British Science Week
- Many researchers also gain an awareness of the challenges and excitement in other areas of research,
possibly resulting in collaborative projects. They receive a brief introduction to Parliament and can discover
also how Parliament deals with science, engineering, medicine, technology and mathematics.
- Information on the more recent history of and background to STEM for BRITAIN (formerly SET for BRITAIN) is given below.