General Objectives of SET for BRITAIN Competitions and Exhibitions
- Presenting and discussing "ground-breaking" and frontier UK research and R&D to Members of both Houses of Parliament at Westminster
- Fostering greater dialogue and engagement between early-stage researchers and Members both in Westminster and in their Constituencies
- Encouraging personal interaction between all researchers
- Competing nationally for a prestigious Medal and Prize for the best poster i.e. the best research work
- Raising the profile of Britain's early-stage researchers at Parliament and elsewhere
- Contributing to various national initiatives e.g. the UK's National Science and Engineering Week
- Many researchers also gain an awareness of the challenges and excitement in other areas of research, possibly resulting in collaborative projects. They receive a brief introduction to Parliament and can discover also how Parliament deals with science, engineering, medicine and technology.
- Information on the more recent history of and background to SET for Britain is given below.
- Science in Parliament Whit issue 2013.
- Science in Parliament Whit issue 2012.
- Science in Parliament Whit issue 2011.
- Science in Parliament Whit issue 2010.
- Original 2006 article by Eric Wharton, summer 2006