General Objectives of SET for BRITAIN Competitions and Exhibitions
- Presenting and discussing "ground-breaking" and frontier UK research and R&D to Members of both Houses of Parliament at Westminster
- Fostering greater dialogue and engagement between early-stage researchers and Members both in Westminster and in their Constituencies
- Encouraging personal interaction between all researchers
- Competing nationally for a prestigious Medal and Prize for the best poster i.e. the best research work
- Raising the profile of Britain's early-stage researchers at Parliament and elsewhere
- Contributing to various national initiatives e.g. the UK's National Science and Engineering Week
- Many researchers also gain an awareness of the challenges and excitement in other areas of research, possibly resulting in collaborative projects. They receive a brief introduction to Parliament and can discover also how Parliament deals with science, engineering, medicine and technology.
- Information on the more recent history of and background to SET for Britain is given below, in an article which appeared in the Summer 2006 issue of Science in Parliament, the Journal of the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee.
- Click here to read an extract from Science in Parliament Whit issue 2012.
- Click here to read an extract from Science in Parliament Whit issue 2011.
- Click here to read an extract from Science in Parliament Whit issue 2010.